Metal Roof RePLACEMENT
WNC Roofing has worked with a number of high profile commercial buildings in the educational and industrial sectors including Appalachian State University and the Richland SC school district, for the replacement of their metal roof systems.
Metal roof failures often come as a result of exposed fasteners failing and creating multiple water penetration points throughout the roof surface. Most modern metal roofs now offer a covered fastener seam lock system which eliminates the chance of fastener failures moving forward.
Metal roofing panels used today are made from corrugated galvanized steel which is coated with Zinc. Other commercial roof metal applications include aluminum, stainless steel, copper and tin.,
Advantages Of Metal for Commercial Roofing include:
- Lifespan. Metal has a long lifespan and can withstand the elements.
- Metal comes in a number of colors and offers a nice esthetics for sloped commercial roofing applications.
- With most structures, metal provides a relatively quick installation process.
- Heat conductivity. Metal will reflect the sun rays which in turn will create higher efficiencies when running the HVAC systems for your facility.
- Metal is a fire retardant and can help reduce the spread in the event of a fire.
- Metal is more expensive compared to other materials used on sloped roofed systems.