Best Western, Asheville North Carolina
- Two buildings
- HD Polyiso tapered insulation mechanically fastened to existing wood deck
- 60 Mil TPO roof membrane
Why Polyiso insulation?
“Polyiso is a closed-cell, rigid foam board insulation used in roof and wall assemblies within commercial and residential buildings of all types. Because of its high thermal performance, it is the product of choice for energy-aware architects, specifiers, builders, building owners, contractors and consumers.
Whether for roof or wall, polyiso offers:
- A high R-value per inch compared to other insulation products used in commercial and residential construction
- An exclusive third-party thermal performance certification
- Outstanding installed cost advantages and economical cost per R-value
- The ability to achieve today’s code required R-values while minimizing space, material and labor requirements without breaking the bank
- Excellent performance in fire tests
- Ease of use and peace of mind, as Polyiso products are designed for use in an expansive assortment of tested, approved, and code-compliant application.
- Polyiso is stable over a large temperature range (-100°F to +250°F) and can be used as a component in roof systems utilizing hot asphalt.
- Polyiso has low density, good adhesion to facers, low water absorption and low vapor transmission
- Polyiso is not affected by oil-based waterproofing compounds, insecticides or fertilizers when properly protected”