Preventive Roof Maintenance
“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”
One of the biggest mistakes that commercial property owners and facility managers make after they have built or acquired a new commercial or industrial structure is to let its maintenance slip. Even a new commercial roofing system requires maintenance to be performed after its initial installation. Almost all manufacturer warranties call for a regular maintenance plan to keep the warranty effective and valid.
While your roof is out of sight and out of mind, ignoring it often leads to premature and unnecessary damage. Therefore, implementing a regular, periodic roof maintenance program is critical. Not only does it validate the warranty, it prolongs the life of your commercial roof while avoiding catastrophic failure.
Make It a Priority
If you are not maintaining your commercial or industrial roofing system, water can invade the building and cause severe, unseen damage. Regular preventive roofing maintenance should be a priority for building owners and property managers.
A preventive maintenance program not only minimizes leaks, it keeps your roofing insulation dry and intact during the life of the roof, increasing the odds that the insulation can be re-used during your next installation. This not only reduces the cost of the second installation by 30 to 40 percent, it also keeps the damaged materials out of landfills, resulting in a net positive environmental impact.
At WNC Roofing, we use top quality preventative maintenance strategies that fit your roof and your budget. Developed from years of roofing experience and implemented by our professional technicians, our roof management programs are designed to promote the longest useful life from your installed roofing system.
WNC Roofing’s comprehensive eight-point roof maintenance inspection consists of the following:
- Inspect the entire roof area for damage that may have resulted from foreign objects or human activity (i.e., HVAC unit maintenance).
- Remove all debris that may have accumulated on the roof surface to ensure it does not restrict drainage or cause roof membrane damage.
- Inspect and clean all roof drains, overflow drains, grates and scupper drains to ensure a free flow of rainwater and snow melt.
- Inspect all welds at membrane field seams, roof curbs and roof penetrations. Verify that no voids have developed at the weld points.
- Inspect all sheet metal flashings and counter flashings at copings, gutters collector boxes and downspouts to verify they are firmly attached and sealed.
- Inspect and verify that the roof access scuttle, ladder and locking mechanism are operational and that all flashings are in place and secure.
- Verify that all HVAC unit access doors and covers are installed and secured.
- Submit a written report to the building owner with photos detailing the current roof condition, evidence of any roof abuse, and any issues that could potentially lead to future roof problems.
Quality Products + Exceptional Customer Service + Experience = WNC Roofing
Call 1-800-704-7765 or contact us online today for a free estimate. When friendly, courteous quality service matters to you, WNC Roofing, LLC is the commercial roofing company to trust.